Yesterday, a co-worker asked me how I was able to consistently wake up at 5:45am every day. It’s then that I realized that it had actually become easy for me because I “Fuel on Crazy Goals”.
Last month, when I prepared my list of goals for this month, I went a little over board. I’ve starting working towards them on January 1st, and the results have been phenomenal already.
“The day before something is a breakthrough, it’s a crazy idea” — Peter Diamandis
Here’s my list of goals for this month:
- Gain 5kg of muscles;
- Lose 3% body fat;
- Become a much better and more efficient writer;
- Start making money;
- Release Soul Reaper on Steam;
- Become much more fluent at day-to-day Spanish conversations;
- Restore my eCom store: De Viking Butikk;
- Restore Text-to-Speech app;
- Find partner company to help with Soul Reaper;
- Meditate every day.
It’s been 12 days and here are the results:
- I wake up at 5:45am with ease;
- I gained 2kg;
- I got most of my daily articles published and 50% of my Quora answersbecame Top answers;
- I speak Spanish 80% of the time (I’m in Spain right now);
- I found a partner to help me with a Text-to-Speech app I had started doing 3 months ago;
- I have a final call this Saturday with a potential partner on Soul Reaper;
- I meditate every day; and
- I started investing a minimal amount of money in crypto-currency.
But more important than the achievements is the level of energy I have.
I’m so driven. Throughout the day, I’m almost constantly in the state of flow.
There’s no “Should I keeping doing it?” when I wake up in the morning. I’m pumped to start my day. There are so many things I “have to” accomplish towards these insane goals that not getting up early is not an option.
How You Can Implement This
It’s simple really.
Think about a really difficult goal that you really want to reach.
Can you break it down into smaller tasks?
With really hard work, can you do it in a short timeframe? Let’s say one month for example.
If you answered yes to those questions, you’ve got your first crazy goal for the month!
Now pile on with more insanity. Let your imagination run wild. Put most of them on your list for the month.
Do this for every month. Where you do your personal re-cap of the year in December, you won’t believe how much you grew in so little time!
When we have a clear picture of everything we have to do and how to do it, our minds can achieve so much more than we really think we can.
You’re likely not going to achieve all the stepping stones towards your insane goal, but the progress you’ll have made is still a major win!
“Defeat is the secret ingredient to success.” — Conor McGregor
The amount of energy you get for really wanting to reach your goals is incredible. Always bite off more than you can chew. You’ll surprise yourself. Frequently.
You can do this!
Thanks for reading! :)
First published here: https://medium.com/swlh/fuel-on-crazy-goals-b79f2205a5a4